Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010 Photography Resolutions

Here are my photographic resolutions for 2010:

1. Shoot more!
Seriously, now that I am out of school I really need to buckle down and give myself assignments. I have been really bad about this so far. I will attempt to carry some kind of camera on me every day, and dedicate at least two days to shooting a week. This may entail my waking up earlier before work. Oy!

2. Experiment with different films and cameras.
Over the years, I've accrued a number of cameras that I never use! Granted, some of them are antiques and probably no longer work. Specifically, I would like to produce more work with my Holga and Polaroid cameras. I'm excited about this resolution because it has been a long time since I've worked in film.

3. Experiment more in general.
Self explanatory.

4. Enhance my knowledge of Photoshop.
For a long time, I was very against "photoshopped" images... and although it forced me to think creatively in the past, I think it is really starting to hold me back from creating the kind of work and subject matter I'm really interested in. So every week, I plan on setting aside some time to learn a new skill in Photoshop!

5. Get out of my comfort zone.

6. Manage my time better.
I think this will significantly help in how I can achieve my other goals. So I best put my iCal to better use!

7. Sell my work!
This is going to take a lot of initial work, in terms of getting my name out there, maintaining a marketing plan, etc. But ideally, I think this will force me not only to shoot more, but also help my bank account!

8. Stop over thinking.
This is a big one. I over think almost everything in my life. And I need to stop. Particularly when it comes to creating art. I guess I don't really have an active plan for this one, I just need to be aware of it. Name it and claim it.

So, that's about it for now. I know my resolutions are coming a little late, but better than never, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment